Milestones in the history of Swissphone
- 2009 Foundation of the sixth subsidiary Swissphone LLC, Denver, Colorado
- 2008 Development of «RES.Q», the first all-in-one alerting terminal which combines GSM and GPS, certified after ISO norm 9001:2008
- 2006 Swissphone emphasizes its internationality by opening a sales office in Florida (USA)
- 2005 Successful installation and operation of a digital and satellite based alerting network in Lower Austria
- 2004 Takeover of Wesser Informatik GmbH, one of the leading providers of system solutions for control centres. The Wesser Informatik GmbH becomes Swissphone Systems GmbH, Stuttgart (D)
- 2003 Takeover of All Wireless AG of Bern (CH) which becomes Swissphone Wireless AG.
- 2002 Certification after the new ISO norm 9001:2000 (process orientated); accreditation renewal of the testing laboratory (STS018) after ISO/IEC 17025; development of «Hurricane Voice», the worldwide first digital receiver converting text into speech
- 1999 Foundation of the subsidiary in Austria: Swissphone Austria GmbH in Vienna
- 1994 Swissphone receives the first private license for «Private radio networks in Switzerland» from the federal office for communication; foundation of Swissphone Engineering which operates Swissphone’s paging network «Euromessage»; biggest customer is the building insurance Zurich (GVZ) with 15’000 fire fighters.
- 1992 Accreditation as a testing laboratory for portable, mobile and stationary transmitting and reception stations as well as mobile receivers.
- 1990 Certification after the quality standard ISO 9001
- 1989 Foundation of the second subsidiary: Swissphone S.A. in Versailles (F)
- 1984 Start of the development of paging systems
- 1983 Foundation of the first subsidiary: Swissphone Telecommunications GmbH in Gundelfingen (D)
- 1972 Production moves to Binz, Zurich.
- 1971 Moving into the premises in Kilchberg (CH)
- 1970 Production of the first pager with tuning fork filters; first bulk order with over 1000 pagers for the alerting of fire departments in Germany
- 1969 Development and production of selective modules for radio sets; Foundation of Swissphone by Erika and Helmut Köchler in Kloten (CH)